Friday, June 28, 2013

Warriors Graduation; Writing what is in your Heart, and Living what you Dream

A boy grows up dreaming of being a hero; for some, they will have the desire to possess the amazing power of Superman or the Incredible Hulk. For others, their attraction is found in the unique weapons of Spider-man or Batman. Through it all, boys have the innate and natural desire as my 4 year old daughter puts it, to be heroes that save the day.

Last week, the state of Arizona welcomed 9 more heroes to it’s line-up through the
graduation of the first-ever group of teen “Warriors.”  In the exciting 5 week mini-camp, they were taught the principles of 10 specific “Warrior” disciplines and how to possess and utilize them to the fullest of their individual capabilities. They learned about non-negotiables and how, when asked to compromise on any one of those principles, the only answer the person requesting that compromise would get, was a resounding “NO!”

Thanks to Ira A Murphy Elementary School in Peoria Arizona, these are young men that remain hopeful about their futures and excited about their opportunities as they were welcomed to the Warrior Brotherhood! Once a Warrior, always a Warrior!
                    

A lot of people will ask me how it is that I get my ideas for writing, or what it is that drives to write. I always tell them the same thing. “There are some things so deep in my heart that only a spin on the keyboard and a smashing of the buttons will satisfy. The deepest yearnings of my heart and desires are fleshed out when I write.”

I would say that with almost 99% clarity, that statement is very true. My only regret is that over the course of the last 6 months or so, as we were preparing to finish and launch my book, I only rarely had the opportunity to write my “sober thoughts” of the wonderful life that I wondrously observed twirling, dancing and nose-diving all around me. I am excited to say that I now have a little more time on my schedule, and as my time continues to free up, I will again take on the discipline of writing regularly and adding to an already tremendously blessed blog.  To my readers over 5,000 strong, thank you for your loyal support.

If I was asked what my advice would be to those out there reading and subscribing to this blog, the answer is easy; Write what is in your heart, and live what you dream. Don’t ever let the “real world” stop you from living out what you truly desire to do. Nothing is impossible if you truly desire to do it. The keystone is not found in the effort in which the attempt is made, but in the refusal of quitting.  See you at the top.


-Lou   

No comments:

Post a Comment